Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marzan Slant Rotor Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on June 08, 2001 at 13:08:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marzan Slant Rotor Tubas posted by dp on June 08, 2001 at 11:55:01:

No need for Nomex, nor did I realize that my post would feel like flames to anybody. Even many parts are regionally interchangeable, because many makers may buy parts from specialty companies or craftspeople within a region.

My point was not to argue with anybody, but to suggest that the connection to Mainz might require something more than a few details. In that I think it might have been aimed more in your direction than Steve's, but it was not meant as a rebuke in either case. I've reread my post several times looking for the obnoxiousness of which I'm all too prone, but honestly I just don't see it.

But obnoxiousness perceived indeed, so I'm sorry. It is not my intent to alienate friends on this forum, even (perhaps especially) by accident.

By the way, Dale, the old Musica F tuba that I used to own looks remarkably similar to the Karl Ziess F tuba you are now selling. The only difference I can see is that mine had factory ball-and-socket linkages. That tuba said "Made in Austria" but I suspect it came out a different door of the same factory as did yours. I agree that it wanted a real F tuba mouthpiece, and it also wanted a real F tuba approach, of which I was incapable at the time. Up high, however, it had a nice sound--confirmed by several professionals who played it. But the notion that it was made by Cerveny in spite of all outward markings is as much a gut feel as anything, and sometimes we make our assessments with no more evidence than that.

Rick "no offense intended" Denney

Rick "

Follow Ups: