Any thoughts on a Laskey 30G Mouthpiece?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Harvey on June 07, 2001 at 11:52:03:

Hi,
I am an intermediate Tuba player that plays in a weekly volunteer Orchestra. I am currently using a Bach "knock-off" 18 mouthpiece on a Mirafone 4-rotary valve Tuba. Recently I decided to investigate what other types of mouthpieces are out there. After trying out 6 different brands and styles of mouthpieces in a practice room at my local music store, I came away focused on a Laskey 30G Tuba mouthpiece as the best of the bunch. I'm wondering if there are any other mouthpieces I should consider that are similar to the Laskey 30G? Would also appreciate any opinions on the Laskey products as compared to other mouthpieces since I am not familiar with the Laskey line. I would have purchased the Laskey mouthpiece already had it not been for the $150 price I was quoted (which is a little more then I was planning on spending). Does anyone know of another source where I can purchase a new Laskey 30G mouthpiece for less? [I am in Southern California] Thank you in advance for your help. Since I don't have a Tuba teacher or interact with any other experienced Tuba players, I appreciate all the opnions expressed on tuba bbs

Thanks again,
Harvey

Follow Ups: