Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: breathing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dominic Marino on June 05, 2001 at 15:57:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: breathing posted by Rick Denney on June 05, 2001 at 13:43:54:

"That said, a teacher who is not at the brightest bulb in the batch still is the teacher, and it is the duty of the student to treat them with respect. The Teenager Disease, at it's root, seems to be that the victim has lost sight of the respect deserved by all older people, regardless of their skills, merely for having endured on this dangerous planet for longer. I suspect that there is no cure for this disease except time, though the symptoms can be treated. So, Dominic, your statements were interpreted by your elders as showing a lack of respect for those older than you and in whose shoes you have not walked; hence their reaction. Consider the goodness in that advice."

...which is exactly why I do not want to pursue an education degree. The way teachers, even the BEST, get hounded by some students! I don't have the stress tolerance for it! I commend all teachers, academic or music, for the jobs they do in just putting up with their students. Most students look back and appreciate down the road...

Follow Ups: