Re: What should I be looking for?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James McNeil on June 02, 2001 at 20:53:57:

In Reply to: What should I be looking for? posted by Jimmy on June 02, 2001 at 00:10:55:

It all depends on what style of music you're going to be playing. If you're going to do a lot of orchestral playing, go for a CC, band BBb. A great horn to get is the Miraphone CC186S model, because its almost the same as the professional model, but its a couple of thousand dollars cheaper, you can get it at the brasswind for around $4,800, it works (at least for me) well even in my band class, though my director has his doubts. My teacher says its a great deal. Also, there are very few stores where you can actually try out tubas without ordering one. They're spattered throughout the country. If you search on yahoo, you can find a few of them and if its not like a 2000 mile drive from where you live, you should check it out. Remember also that if you order a horn from most stores online, you can send it back for a new one or refund and only pay the shipping, I'd only buy from one of those sites, one of the downsides of ebay. there are people who sell tubas here on the tubenet, if you keep your eye's open, you may find someone here who wants to get rid of an extra tuba. Good luck on finding a horn.
-The Phat Man

Follow Ups: