Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Discussion enjoyed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on June 15, 2000 at 03:11:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Discussion enjoyed posted by Joe S. on June 14, 2000 at 23:16:05:

As a collector of instruments I have got some experience with dealers and repairmen. Those ending up as my friends are showing a high degree of respect towards their customers.

They are trying to optimise the budget of their customers whatever the level. And one certain rule is never publicly to express doubts about the goods sold to any given customer.

Here is the key to my reaction in a previous posting of this thread. Persons of the instruments business being players themselves can have a choice of roles and attitudes. Still there is a customer to consider.

The original experience of the tuba in question came to me via eBay with a picture and a text by its redesigner. The beauty of the craftsmanship made a profound impression on me. And the price was far beyond my reach.

It is generally accepted amongst contributors to this forum, that individual players can respond very differently to any given instrument. In another context I have opposed to a cheaply made instrument sold with the claim to be compensating, which it was not. But likewise I do accept, that other players are happy with instruments, which I do find uninteresting for my uses.

End of thread. At least for me.

Klaus

Follow Ups: