Re: New and Improved F Tuba discussion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Heather Noyes on June 14, 2000 at 14:25:10:

In Reply to: New and Improved F Tuba discussion posted by Joseph Felton on June 14, 2000 at 00:37:41:

I will agree with Sean that you should try for the PT-15 being sold right now. It is a great horn, and will be a good match for your PT-6. The small 182 Meinl was developed as a solo horn, and is a pretty specialized sound, not a good all-around horn. The 45 SLP is a great horn, but really big. It is also difficult to play if you are not tall with a wide finger spread. I love the horn but there is no way I can physically play it, the same problem with most piston horns. I just purchased my first F, a MW 45S, to match my PT-6. I was between the PT-10/15 and the 45S. I went with the horn that I was comfortable playing, and that worked for me and my concept of sound. All three are really great horns. If price is not a major consideration, one of the best F's on the market is the PT-16. It has a great low register and a really singing high register and the best intonation of the three. The best thing for you to do is try to get all the horns together, and test them against each other. Good Luck.

Follow Ups: