Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6/4 tuba: Hirs vs. MW vs. PT-7 vs...etc?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on June 12, 2000 at 06:17:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6/4 tuba: Hirs vs. MW vs. PT-7 vs...etc? posted by Steve Dedman on June 12, 2000 at 02:08:08:

Well I hope for the sake of all Kalison 2001 owners that what you say is true. The performing arts high school I teach at bought a Pro 2000 a couple of years ago and I don't like it much at all. I feet like it takes alot of work to get a good sound out of the tuba and it has some pretty funky intonation issues. Actually, I figured it was just me not really matching up with this particular tuba because my top student at the time was using it and he sounded pretty great on it. But then this guy went on to the Cincinnati Conservatory on a full ride and then won the job in the Air Force Band of the Golden West a couple of months ago, before even finishing his first full year of college. All without ever owning his own horn. So I came to think that the horn sounded "pretty great" because he was playing it.

I'll have to check out the new 2001 horns. It would always be nice to have other options.

My opinion for what its worth...

Follow Ups: