Re: Re: Euphonium Graduate Schools

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dustin Moburg on June 08, 2000 at 23:25:22:

In Reply to: Re: Euphonium Graduate Schools posted by Darryl Anderson on June 07, 2000 at 21:37:56:

Hi, well I am infact a student at Winona State University in Winona, MN. There is NO Euphonium program here.
Well when I first got here, 3 years ago there was a Trumpet player who was the all around brass teacher, great teacher, I learned a lot, he then retired and 2 years ago we had hired a Tuba player, he taught me a lot but he has recently left for Kansas. As far as Euphonium players goes, there are 2 in the whole school that have been playing in the band. There were at most 4 but politics had their way with a few students :( So if you're comming to Winona State, that's great, make sure you get in touch with me. As of now there isn't a Euphonium Program. We have a great Adjunct Trombone instructor, possibly the best in the area, I've recently taken up trombone and have been rather satisfied. I came to WSU for the Computer Science Program not knowing that I wanted to be a Music Major, now that I'm a music major I wish I would have chosen a different School. There are about 3 Euphonium players in town so the gigs are tight, but there are 2 solid gigs, a Community Band and the Winona Brass Band. Good luck in your search for Under Grad SChools though.
<-= Dusty =->

Follow Ups: