Re: No college?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on June 08, 2000 at 03:47:56:

In Reply to: No college? posted by Pete on June 07, 2000 at 06:43:58:

I would first like to thank all who have posted their opinions and advice about my subject. I failed to mention before that I joined the Army band(stationed in Japan) as a tuba player after high school and have gained some great musical experiences and met some really good musicians. I recently got out after my first enlistment and am now living in Japan still taken lessons with my teacher Kyoshi Sato of the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony who is jus a monster player. Since I have been out I have had some great opportunities to play with the help of my teacher who is constantly trying to give me these opportunities. Most recently I was the winner of an orchestral moch audition held at the the Japan Euphonium Tuba Association(J.E.T.A.) festival. Currently I am playing in a symphony in Tokyo gaining some orchestral experience. We are doing Mahler 9 on the next concert(not much tuba, but still well worth it). In two weeks I have to play a solo piece along with other music college students at a hall in Tokyo. Sorry for the self plugs. Just wanted to let you know what I am doing now. Most recently I have been wondering if I needed to leave here and head back to the states to attend school and persue my dream of being a professional player. I feel slightly I could be ahead of the game being that I have had numerous opportunities for ensemble play but also behind being 23 years old and just starting off at school(thoughts ?). I think I have made my decision to leave here(almost 24) next year. I am currently under contract as a junior high school English teacher (which is the real bread and butter at the moment) until next March. I am very glad I decided to make my previous post and get some advice from all the other BBSer's. Thanks alot guys and please keep the post's coming!
Pete

Follow Ups: