Re: Re: 14K Conn Sousaphone on eBay question????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on June 05, 2000 at 20:31:02:

In Reply to: Re: 14K Conn Sousaphone on eBay question???? posted by Rick Denney on June 05, 2000 at 16:14:43:

Dear Kevin

Rick is giving you very good advices as well as good interpretations of other postings.

As I do read your postings, you are a person very interested in getting started on a sousa playing experience. Any respect for that.

But most of us never had got started, if we had been waiting for something like the sousa equivalent of a Hirsbrunner to come by at an affordable price.

I for my part started my tuba interest on an old Conn Eb. It is good, and it has even earned money for a friend of mine in a pit job. But it would never qualify for any beauty contest. The rather worn frosted silver plating however is radiating a personality, that only could have been earned through a hard life in service of MUSIC, the levels and genres untold.

The 14K from Harvey certainly would do a good service to you. If you could get a bit of extra money, the silver King might be an even better choice.

Only I am not so happy, that the King apparently is offered in 2 concurrent auctions.

All the best for your sousa-life

Klaus

Follow Ups: