Re: Soooooey! Looking for Cerveny PIGGY info

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on June 02, 2000 at 19:17:12:

In Reply to: Soooooey! Looking for Cerveny PIGGY info posted by Lawrence Van Ameyde on June 02, 2000 at 09:07:02:

I've had my linkage replaced by Kevin Powers at Custom. He's a super nice guy, is very knowledgable, and does great work.

I don't know for certain what kind of linkage he uses now but two years ago what he put on my horn is extremely solid and heavy. A tank couldn't destroy this linkage. The down side is that, unlike what I see on many new horns, it doesn't adjust very easy.. not that that is a terribly big deal once it is where you want it. Once in place the linkage has been very solid and extremely quiet. I keep Space Filler Tuning Slide grease on the bearings and there is a spring on one end to keep the linkage from flopping around and clicking. The only other complaint I might have is that because the linkage is so heavy I think it may have made the valves feel a little mushy. I ultimately fixed this by putting heavier springs on it. I actually like the extra resistance because it makes me more aware of how precise I'm being with my fingers and there is plenty of snap to the feel of the valves now. All in all I couldn't be happier with the final product.

Good luck with your new baby!
joseph :)

Follow Ups: