Re: King Eb Tuba Mouthpiece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on June 23, 1999 at 07:26:37:

In Reply to: King Eb Tuba Mouthpiece posted by Pat Hill on June 22, 1999 at 21:14:15:

Try a Denis Wick 2, 3 or 4. Those mouthpieces have the smaller european size shank, similar to what you have on your King. Do not get the 2L, 3L,or 4L. The L designates a larger shank. The 2 is the largest of those three mouthpieces. If your Tuba is a big Eb you may want to try that. If it is a small one go with the 4. I use both in my Boosey depending on what I am playing. Most quintet stuff i use the 4, but for band or Orchestral stuff where I am mostly playing lower, I use the 2. I have not yet tried a 3, but I am considering getting on eto try out. ken k

Follow Ups: