Re: Re: Re: Tubaeuph listserve?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Paul on June 15, 1999 at 17:09:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tubaeuph listserve? posted by Carl Webster on June 13, 1999 at 13:30:51:

Before you took over,when I was still a list subscriber,there would be up to 60 messages a day.Not often, but occassionally,like when all the uni students first discover their email accounts and their professors return for the summer..
I very clearly remember not checking my email for a day-and-a-half and I had 102 messages, only four of which were not related to the list.Of course I did have a fair amount of private discussion with other list members separate from the list.
With the amount of spam and fram many people receive, the list can be an overwhelming experience.Personally I got bored with it.Just as I am bored with this BBS.There is still plenty of good info,but the novelty is gone.
I've learned everything I can from gossip and hearsay,and aside from serious practice and research,(which must take place away from the internet for the most part), there is not much for me to do since I am neither an expert nor am I wholly engrossed in the tuba to the exclusion of all else,as I had been at some points in my life.

Follow Ups: