Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on June 11, 1999 at 23:10:53:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings posted by Gary on June 11, 1999 at 18:49:05:

Well, in my humble opinion, I think the whole idea of the TubeNet BBS being a "member's only club" that has "an exclusive ring of 'pros' that run the board" to be absurd. I know, from my own experience, that I have no more control over this site than any other site on the Internet. I think people are mistaking spirited debate for personal attacks. This is just plain wrong! I would hate to think that any individual who has the time and inclination to post often on the BBS would be labeled as exclusionary. I don't feel that way about the regular posters to this BBS and I certainly don't intend this with my posts.

You folks that weren't around 20 and 30 years ago can't imagine how isolated things used to be in this business. I can't even imagine what it would have been like to have a resource like the TubeNet BBS when I was in college. Having the opportunity to interact daily with tubists of all types from all over the world is a priceless commodity. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I've spent here and will continue to frequent this BBS for the wealth of knowledge and entertainment contained herein. It is my observation that this is a completely public forum which gladly accepts all viewpoints for examination. Any individual who chooses not to participate in this forum because of perceived favoritism has nobody to blame for that choice but themself.

Follow Ups: