Re: PT7P VS Neptune piston

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on June 10, 1999 at 15:43:29:

In Reply to: PT7P VS Neptune piston posted by Dan Bryce on June 09, 1999 at 16:21:31:

These horns are nearly identical and I don't personally know about the update idea but I do believe that the rotary version of the VMI is a very safe bet for the money. I own a piston valve version which plays extremely well and I believe myself to be lucky. This horn plays as well or better than the few PT 7P's it has gone up against, and it is a very versitile instrument. I believe the main difference between these horns to be in the leadpipe. The PT's do seem to have a more "American" feel to the blow and a little more of a "Conn-ish" sound. The VMI I own has a little more of a "German" feel and a slightly different sound, but I believe it is attributed to the leadpipe. The rotary version however comes with two leadpipes one a little more open than the other (probably for an American type feel) so you can figure out what you want. Both horns are made in high quality factories (factory) and you really have to play them yourself. Bad horns can virtuslly come of any assembly line just as great ones can.

Good Luck,
MattG

Follow Ups: