Re: Re: Miraphone 1290 CC, Any feedback?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan on June 10, 1999 at 12:44:57:

In Reply to: Re: Miraphone 1290 CC, Any feedback? posted by Just DON'T Do it on June 09, 1999 at 22:11:46:

I have played one for over a year and a half and I like it a lot. It has a much darker sound than the 'typical' Mirafone (186-188) and does not break up under loud passages anywhere near as easily. Although a 4/4 in name, its bell and branches are about the same size as their 190 Kaiser but has a darker sound. It is great for medium to large orchestras (and bands too, I guess) but I wouldn't recommend it for a quintet or solos. It works best with a large funnel mouthpiece like the Arnold Jacobs, the C4 and C3 that sound great on a 186 or 188 don't work at all on the 1290. I have had my main slide cut 3/4" and had some pulls added to the 1st and 4th slides to make them more accessable. Maybe in the future I will replace the .770 rotor with a .835 rotor and tubing I have lying around. For the money, I feel it is an excellent horn for someone who wants a large horn with pistons.

To the anonymous poster who calls it crap, why not be a man (or woman) and identify yourself. Better yet, why don't you say what you specifically like and don't like about this horn and why the VMI is better? That would be much more mature and benefit the intelligent readers of this BBS much more than your naive comment. Who knows, if you can provide thorough feedback someone may even take you seriously.

Marty Neilan

Follow Ups: