Re: Best Current Tuba Professor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Craig Moore on July 25, 2003 at 16:25:30:

Hello All,

I was really surprised to read this post, as a non tuba playing student of Floyds (I play Bass Bone) I can attest to his wonderful teaching.

My Story (If you can stay awake!)

I came to America to do my Masters Degree in Chicago, a month before I left I had my wisdom teeth out, I had some complications, infection and nerve damage – the result I barely played for a month and was in terrible shape both chop and head wise. I had lost some sensation in my lip and nothing seemed to work right. I had auditioned before I had them out!

He really helped turn me around; recently I got the Civic Orchestra Bass Bone spot - quite a turn around, this is mostly in part to his teaching. I am playing better now that when I still had my teeth in.

He can hear you play briefly and put his finger exactly on what is going wrong.
He has a strong command of the language. I feel comfortable to go to him for guidance in both playing and personal problems. He is one of the most generous, sincere and trustworthy people I have ever met.

I always feel so positive coming out of lessons and know exactly what to work on.
I have also witnessed him teach trumpet and horn students as well - some of the most unbelieving of all. All of them left the room playing easier and better than they ever had before. Probably the best thing about Floyd is he teaches you how to teach yourself.

As stated before it is not easy to get into his studio, the ones lucky enough to have done so are all better off for it. I enjoy playing next to my Tuba playing colleagues daily. In my opinion you won’t find better C Tuba players anywhere! (I’m sure this statement will get you all going!!!)

I don’t know who you are but I would like to know where you got your information! I think by now you have the picture. If anyone would like to talk further to me about this please email- the moorekid(AT)yahoo.com

Thanks for listening!

Craig Moore

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow Ups: