Re: Re: Snoring Treatment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on July 24, 2003 at 23:15:43:

In Reply to: Re: Snoring Treatment posted by a friend on July 24, 2003 at 22:01:18:

I have to concur.

Not knowing what the original posters full medical situation is, I can say that I used to sleep 9-10 hours sometimes in college and wake up kinda tired. 7-8 hours was never enough. I preceded to lose about 60lbs over 5 years (yeah, it is slow and a bit of yo-yoing occured) and I wake up more refreshed and my wife doesn't really notice my snoring like she did previously and she is a pretty light sleeper.

I read some stuff to find out what had happened and diagnosed myself with sleep apnea after the fact. I had all of the symptoms. Better health through exrecise and diet seemed to do the trick and I still am working on it (the weight that is). I sleep between 6-8 hours a night and always feel refreshed. No problems staying awake during the day.

I had read that fatty tissue due to weight can accumulate near the sinuses and breathing areas of the throat which can greatly contribute to the problem. Not knowing your full situation this is merely meant to inform. I wish you, the original poster, the best of luck as solving sleep apnea problems can improve all aspects of life.

Matt G

Follow Ups: