Re: Re: BGSU??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by T. J. Ricer on July 24, 2003 at 08:46:52:

In Reply to: Re: BGSU?? posted by anon on July 24, 2003 at 06:56:07:

Hello,
Yes it is true that Tim Olt has been named to the one year position for next year. Since many of you may not know him, let me shed a little light. Tim has studied at CCM, Wright State University, Miami (Ohio), and Flordia State. He has a Masters in performance and was working on his Doctorate when he won the position. He has studied with Sam Green, Mike Thornton, John Bottomly, Tony Kniffen, Jason Smith, and Paul Ebbers. He has played with the Cincinnati, Columbus, Springfield, Lima, Lebanon, Middletown, and Hamilton-Fairfield Symphony to name a few. He has been active around Ohio playing dixieland and classical gigs. . . We are the tubists for "All the Kings Tubas" tuba quartet, you can find some of his arrangements for that group available through the TUBA Press in the TUBA journal (or is it the ITEA press now?). I think he also has a CD review he wrote in the coming ITEA journal. Tim is a fine player, but his real strength is teaching, if you are going to BGSU, you will get a lot out of him as a teacher. . . you just have to ignore his resemblance to the Michelin Man (just kidding, Tim)

email me if you'd like to know any specifics,
T. J. Ricer

if the picture comes out, he's second from the left

www.hometown.aol.com/bubbatuba

Follow Ups: