Re: Re: Good Euph.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K on July 16, 2003 at 20:27:04:

In Reply to: Re: Good Euph. posted by razorbackbear on July 16, 2003 at 19:58:46:

As can be seen from the Euphoniums and Specs table pages found via the link given below here, the YEP641 and the YEP621 have the same bell diameter: 12".

But they do not have the same bore. The 621 shares its .571" bore through all four valves with the YEP321.

However the YEP621, which I had the chance to test, was way superior to the YEP321 model. The large bore leadpipe and receiver plus the 3+1 set-up are great benefits over the 321.

Soundwise the 621 is very good even if it is somewhat lighter than the 641. Aside from the compensated low range, the intonation of the two model is comparable on the same very high level.

It is a complete mystery to me, why Yamaha discontinued the YEP621. For many players preferring fully compensating instruments for seated concerts, the 621 would have been a very attractive alternative for playing, when marching, strolling, and standing. It is by far the best non-comp euph, I ever had the chance to try.

Klaus

Follow Ups: