Re: Re: Nirschl/Yorks are ALIVE and WELL!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by If you..... on July 15, 2003 at 12:42:11:

In Reply to: Re: Nirschl/Yorks are ALIVE and WELL!! posted by I wonder on July 15, 2003 at 09:53:14:

.... are referring to the price that was listed on Floyd Cooley's website, I saw that too, several months ago. Knowing the price of a Yorkbrunner to be in the 18,K range, I quickly emailed Mr. Cooley and asked him if the 13,5K price was correct. I got a reply that his site hadn't been updated in a very long time, and the price had gone up (to 15K). So, I believe, the price change has been in effect for quite some time, and was not an unusual increase considering the amount of time that had elapsed.

The rise of the euro is a different issue, and shouldn't be held against any European manufacturers. Currencies fluctuate. Currently, the dollar is weak..... For a couple of years the dollar was quite strong, at a time when the euro (right after its introduction) was undervalued. I think, and it's just my opinion, that over the last 20 months or so, there were INCREDIBLE deals to be had..... we just didn't realize how good we had it.

It's frustrating if you are just getting ready to buy a horn, I'm sure. However, in my opinion, the Nirschl is the "cream of the crop" in comparison to the other 6/4 tubas on the market, and is STILL a good value, despite the now higher price.

Follow Ups: