Re: 2341 King tuba owners....HELP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lew on July 01, 2003 at 15:11:39:

In Reply to: 2341 King tuba owners....HELP posted by Perplexed on July 01, 2003 at 12:34:26:

My satin silver King 2341 is about 2 yrs old now. The only flaws with it are some very minor runs in the finish on 2 of the ferrules. The compression on all of the valves is excellent. The protective wire ends are a little sharp, but nothing like you describe, and I have had no solder problems at all. When I first got it the first valve tended to stick a little and the slides weren't the smoothest, but an hour in the dealer's shop and the slides moved easily and the valve didn't stick. If I pull any slide out a little without depressing the corresponding valve the slide will spring back from the compression.

My response is therefore, you should absolutely expect the dealer to take care of these problems, and they should not be just accepted. The manufacturer's warranty should cover anything that is due to falty manufacturing. They might try to make you pay shipping, but a good dealer shouldn't. I believe that you should be shipped a replacement for this lemon. If the dealer won't help you could try going directly to the company, although it might not help much.

Follow Ups: