Re: Need CD suggestions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daryl on July 26, 2002 at 23:56:20:

In Reply to: Need CD suggestions posted by Doug on July 26, 2002 at 22:26:05:

From selected categories.

-Violin
Maria Bachmann is FANTASTIC. She easily plays on the level of a Joshua Bell with more passion and life. Plus, she's hot (hey, college can get lonely).

-Cello
Yo-Yo Ma.....just about anything. 'Nuff said.

-Trombone
I'm a sucker for the Hollywood Trombones Christmas CD (contrabass trombone - pure silliness). However, any Ralph Sauer or Joe Alessi CD's will fit nicely.

-Tuba:
Yeah, like NO ONE else will give you ANY ideas here....;)

-Jazz: Oh my, where to begin.... Some of my favorites are Kind of Blue, Miles Davis; older Chet Baker; Sarah Vaughan; Play, Chick Corea and Bobby McFerrin; the list could go on forever.

-Anything else ;-)

Perpetual Motion, Bela Fleck and Friends; I saw a concert in Ann Arbor, MI with Bela and Edgar Meyer and it was AMAZING. They did a bass concerto with Meyer and Bela Fleck playing the harpsichord continuo part on a Dobro (guitar made out of metal, used mainly to play blues) and it sounded *frighteningly* like a harpsichord.

Kid A, Radiohead; you CAN be a rock musician and still be innovative!

Nickel Creek, self-titled; I've been discovering my inner hillbilly lately and it's mainly due to cosmopolitan bluegrass musicians like these. Of course, you could HATE them for being so young and yet so good, but I digress. "Sweet Afton" is probably one of the prettiest melodies I've heard in a long time.

I could suggest CD's all day - if you want more, email me.

Daryl

Follow Ups: