Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best deal on the Finale Program

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by a straight answer on July 26, 2002 at 21:22:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best deal on the Finale Program posted by doofus on July 26, 2002 at 15:42:32:

No intended hostility for this post, I would just like to answer a couple of questions that you seem to have regarding my last post.
"what that has to do with the music industry and CD burners , I confess, is lost upon me"

I was not making reference to the online sharing of code. I was referring to the fact that Coda Music is a branch of the music business and the fact that CD burners can not only copy this musical software without requiring a license, they also (as I'm sure you are aware) copy the audio cd's that account for a pretty big chunk of the music industry's income. Maybe MOST CD's are only in the realm of five to thirty dollars (depending on the band), and the finale program is between two and three hundred dollars (not even close to a percentage of the music industry's income), the fact that the burners are now used by as many people as they are makes those small numbers much more significant.
As far as my teacher goes, His name is Dr. Tony Mazzaferro. He is (for the next three weeks at least) the music department chair at Fullerton College. He is known worldwide as a premiere conductor (mostly gearing towards concert bands because there are more tubas involved) and instructor. He holds degrees from SanFrancisco State University, Arizona State University, and Northwestern. The reason that I did not reference him is that I didn't feel like waking up to a phone call (with him on the other end) asking what the Helsinki I'm doin' makin' a reference to him on this board about, particularly involving a thread that's got (or seems to have) somebody pissed.
And let's not forget about me being a Joker (on the name-calling end of things).
If you have anything to say about this post, feel free to email me and we can finish this duscussion off the board.

Follow Ups: