Re: ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan on July 20, 2002 at 09:16:36:

In Reply to: ? posted by Aaron on July 20, 2002 at 08:22:53:

If there was, I am sure I would not want it. Products that are 'decent' always seem to receive higher reviews than a truly standout product. For example, in 35 mm cameras, a review of a number of years ago placed several midgrade consumer models above professional cameras like Nikon because of some questionable and unnecessary features included on the cheap cameras. Another example, their top rated sports car of a few years ago was the Subaru SVX. Oh yeah!!! I am sure a student model Yamaha would receive top consideration, as most 6/4's have less than perfect intonation and something like the G50 was good but 'just too heavy for our tastes.' And of course, the case would have as much effect on the outcome. 'The Yorkbrunner was deemed not acceptable because it came with neither case nor gigbag.' The guys at CU would also probably rank their own mothers as CU's pick for the best date: 'She always kisses me goodnight, whereas the curvaceous redhead down the street is a virtual unknown.'

My anti CU rant, from having a parent who wouldn't by a hamburger without looking it up in Consumer Reports first ==> 'the whopper was 'good but messy' (actual quote from the late 70's.)

Marty

Follow Ups: