Re: The Brass Band

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by C Heinrich on July 16, 2002 at 12:38:06:

In Reply to: The Brass Band posted by Tony Z. on July 15, 2002 at 21:06:31:

I can't imagine NOT playing in a brass band. Currently, I play Eb for the Ozark Mountains BB out of Northwest Arkansas. I got my start in brass bands while living in Columbus, Ohio, and when I moved back here, I thought my brass band days were over with. Wrong! Thanks to a former euphonium player for the Chicago Staff Band who retired to this area, we've managed to put together a fine group, equipped almost entirely with Besson Sovereign horns. We've been going strong now for about 7 years.

And now even the NABBA championships are coming to my state. This will be the first contest we've entered, although we did have a sextet win their section a couple of years ago. Winning the Honors section is our goal. Those of you living in the South and Midwest now have a great opportunity to see some brass bands at their best. Getting to see Grimethorpe would certainly make the trip worth it in itself.

If the brass band movement can thrive in a low-population state like Arkansas, just imagine what is happening nation-wide. See ya in Little Rock!

Follow Ups: