Re: Re: Re: John Williams Tuba Concerto

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on July 16, 2002 at 03:10:04:

In Reply to: Re: Re: John Williams Tuba Concerto posted by Sean Chisham on July 14, 2002 at 23:18:44:

Before everybody runs off in all kinds of opposing tirades (as though we really need more of that), let's agree on a few things - maybe. While the ASV recording may not be ideal, it's certainly good enough for study purposes. Or, to be a bit more precise, it's certainly good enough to study the work itself (or is it?). More important, it's readily available to anybody who doesn't have the time or means to track down somebody else in the hopes that they'll burn them a copy of something better. Can we agree on that much? Let's just say, "different strokes for different folks", in terms of how they like to go about pursuing their music. Personally speaking, I don't care enough for the work itself to bother searching for something beyond the ASV commercial recording. That alone should give many of you folks fuel enough to get hysterical over, so flame away! Have fun.

Here, I'll even start it for you: "You're a stupid fat-head tuba player who can't play, and your mother dresses you funny" - no argument from me.

Barry

Follow Ups: