Re: Re: Re: pricing perspectives

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MA on July 15, 2002 at 10:44:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: pricing perspectives posted by Thimker (js) on July 13, 2002 at 20:26:40:

Well, as a former violinist I am simply delighted that I was able to get a high quality tuba (used, but in ex. cond) for a mere $3000. Such a deal!! A $3000 fiddle may play all the notes, but it's kind of like playing a box of dead wood. You have to really get up there in price before the box starts to really resonate.

I think maybe part of this thread that hasn't been stated specifically, is the rip-off factor. I may find the perfect tuba/violin/apple/tennis shoe for me, but if the seller figures that out, and decides to gouge me, then there is the pissed-off factor that comes into play. The pissed-off factor is a direct consequence of the ripped-off factor. Now, some people may not have as strong a hair trigger on this as I do....but the "perfect" whatever will not be mine if it is overpriced, even if I can afford it. Some would say that is cutting off my nose to spite my face, but for me it's better to be nose-less than mad.
MA

Follow Ups: