Re: Re: MW 2141 Eb vs. Willson 3400 Eb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on July 13, 2002 at 09:53:54:

In Reply to: Re: MW 2141 Eb vs. Willson 3400 Eb posted by BP on July 12, 2002 at 16:24:45:

I for one did not buy my Willson because everyone else has one. I bought it because every other Eb tuba I played was pale in comparison. I would not discount the new and improved MW2141 either. I have not played the new one. I think part of the reason the Willson 3400 is so popular with Eb players is that there are not as many choices for Eb tubas as there are for F tubas. Many people like myself so not want a compensating tuba and there are only a few out there that are non compensating with valves in front and not the 3+1 set up. I would hope that more companies would offer Eb tubas because I think they are becoming more popular these days and it would be nice to have more to choose from.

I still feel that the Willson 3400 is best Eb tuba on the market right now. I can see that you and others might get sick of hearing people rave about it. I get tired of everytime somebody askes about the Conn 56j somebody says to get a getzen g50 instead. They are probably really great tubas just like the Willson is too. They don't make them anymore and can be difficult to come by these days because they are so sought after.

I think you should play the willson before you jugde it. People rave about them for a reason and they are worth the extra dough.

Follow Ups: