Re: Re:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on July 08, 2002 at 23:30:58:

In Reply to: Re: posted by Doc - Needs Help Too on July 07, 2002 at 15:18:44:

Again, the lady in Indiana (OK guys, please don't flood her with emails. As a matter of fact, she's in the final convalescent stages of a serious illness - ' back working again...' tough lady) is very reasonable and does really beautiful work.

Her method (though I haven't watched her work in person) involves engraving on a LACQUERED surface - for whatever reason. If you send her a silver plated or raw brass instrument (or part thereof), she will (only) lacquer the area to be engraved. This isn't really a big problem, because once you get it back (engraved) you can strip off the lacquer with aerosol paint stripper (found at most auto repair superstore-like places). If you instrument is already lacquered, you're set to go. Your instrument is all ready for her to engrave and will come back to you "done" with no more work (no lacquer stripping, etc.) required.

I was going to post her email address here, but have decided not to, as I don't have her permission and (again) I don't want her flooded with emails - privacy issues, etc. Send ME an email (with your name and city of origin) and I'll send you her email address. (Just in case I get "flooded" with inquiries, I think I need to limit this to the first 25...fair enough?...and how 'bout not bugging her unless you are seriously considering getting something done soon?)

Follow Ups: