Re: Rehearsal Horror Stories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on July 05, 2002 at 19:29:13:

In Reply to: Rehearsal Horror Stories posted by Larry Zaidan on July 05, 2002 at 17:32:13:

Well, I thought this sort of stupidity was reserved for high school students, but I guess not.

I had my Mirafone at school one day standing on its bell, and I turned around to pick up some stuff, and the next thing I know, a sax player walks by, and right into the tuba! It fell right on the valveset, and the fourth valve has never quite been the same.

Later that year, I have the horn sitting on the bell (small section spaces and hurried class afford no time or place to lay the horn down) and I was getting some music. I turn back, and some moron has stepped on the front side of the bell, leaving a nice /\ shape.

I informed my BD about all this, and I assumed that would be the end of it. Over the next year, I'd come back to find people had gotten into my case, moved slides, scratched the horn, and heaven knows what else. I told my BD once again that I was getting a little tired of this **** and that something was gonna have to be done.

Well, this year I once again turn around to see that someone has stepped on my bell AGAIN. I took it to my BD (this was near the start of class) and said something to the effect of "ok, I've about had it with all this. Find out who did this, I'll see you later. I left. Went home. Never took my horn back to school. Strange, the band never sounded the same ;^)

Oh well.

DOug "hated high school band but hopes college band will be better" G

Follow Ups: