Re: Discriminating Belt Brackets?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on July 05, 2002 at 12:07:53:

In Reply to: Discriminating Belt Brackets? posted by Volker on July 04, 2002 at 11:43:26:

I played two gigs yesterday (it would have been three but for an unexpected visit to the hospital--my wife's family seem to schedule their medical crises for major holidays--but all is okay now). One of the them was standing. I enjoy playing while standing up, even though it is tiring and was especially so in yesterday's brutal heat and humidity. Because of the crises of the day, I didn't have a chance to put together a decent strap arrangement, and grabbed the shoulder strap off my briefcase, which worked find on the Miraphone.

I played the Miraphone because it has the beefiest strap rings of any of my portable tubas, and because it's over ten pounds lighter than the York Master and 15 pounds lighter than the 20J. I've mountains of experience playing my little F tuba while standing, but that didn't quite seem appropriate for Sousa, not to mention that the BBb fingerings are already burned into my few remaining brain cells.

Rick "glad he has strap rings but would prefer a couple of native bearers" Denney

Follow Ups: