Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sensamaya'

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on July 03, 2002 at 15:52:36:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sensamaya' posted by Rick Denney on July 03, 2002 at 14:25:05:

I, personally, would love to see more "fiddlers" stealing our music because it makes our music valid and an important part of the repertoire, seeing how they("fiddlers") command so much more respect than professional tuba players in the music community. However, as a tuba player playing a tuba solo, I would much rather imitate a professional tuba player on a quality recording instead of a cellist playing a tuba solo transcription. I'm not saying the cellist performance isn't of interest or of high quality, I'm sure it is! I might listen to the recording out of curiousity, but nothing more. As far as the Bach Cello Suites on tuba, I (in my opinion) would never play those after hearing Janos Starker perform them. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't try to imitate Starker when I PRACTICE them! To me the Kronos recording is more a posting of a curiousity/oddity rather than a supplement. ;)

Follow Ups: