Re: helleburg mpcs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve C on July 31, 2001 at 03:39:11:

In Reply to: helleburg mpcs posted by me on July 30, 2001 at 22:27:31:

Well, the Conns and Schilke are well covered. I have not played, or so far seen an AJ-helleburg (but I am young and just in year 2 of college), but I was told its basicly like a 7B heavy-weight. I think Jet-Tone has some, one like the Conn and one like the schilke, and the a heavy-weight version of those. Perrentuci has a full line of funnel-cup mouthpieces, but I don't know which is most like a helleberg, but I like my PT-48. Seems more of a shallow cup, but I think it has a larger throat/back-bore. Floyd Cooley has one that's like a 7B with a larger throat, but I've read on here the 7B is almost as good with about half the price. I think Dillon's even has a Helleberg copy. There's a slew of them. But hey, I have my Conn that I use on my horn right now for pretty much everything, unless I'm the only tuba then I use my PT, its a deeper, more core sound, but I have trouble getting it to blend when I'm in a section of other tubists.
When it comes to price, I think the Conn is the most wallet friendly out of any other, and I think it is the best all-around mouthpiece I got (out of a whole...uh..2), or have played.
Good Luck on the mouthpiece search,
Steve C

Follow Ups: