Re: PAIN!! :-(

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug Elliott on July 28, 2001 at 18:53:55:

In Reply to: PAIN!! :-( posted by Graham Keith on July 28, 2001 at 15:13:19:

I used to think chiropractors were quacks (some of them are), but they very definitely know how to fix that sort of problem, short-term and long-term, and they won't tell you to take drugs. I've been going to one (after "auditioning" some different ones)for a couple of years. They're all different, have their own opinions and methods, but the good ones can tell what's wrong, put things back in place, and suggest execises and different ways to carry things to keep your back and neck in good shape. It's been worth the expense for me just to learn what good posture really is and why it's important. The balance aspect of it is very similar to what the Alexander Technique is all about.

A chiropractor would tell you your head is too far forward, caused by all the things you carry on your shoulders. Try leaning your head back all the way (look at the ceiling) and stretch your arms and shoulders back. Hold that position for a minute or so, then USE YOUR HANDS to lift your head upright again. Turn your head left and right several times while leaning your head backwards. Always use your hands to lift your head upright again. That may help to relax your spasms - at least it works for me.

Follow Ups: