Re: Play-testing at Shows & Conferences

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles Page on July 27, 2001 at 18:01:22:

In Reply to: Play-testing at Shows & Conferences posted by dp on July 26, 2001 at 13:10:50:

I think the conferences are great. I attended the army band conference in Arlington last February and purchased a Meinl Weston 2155 from Dillon music there. It's a great horn, although I have had numorous problems with the vavles since I got it. I still haven't gotten to Dillon about it yet. If you are serious about purchasing a horn (as I was), then a simple request to play it in the halls of the exhibition room or right outside of the door should be enough for you to play it without interference from other players in the room. There is usually a wide range of choices, but not every horn is always on display. You have to do a lot of shopping before going to a conference to buy a horn. The conference just happened to have all of the tubas I was looking into. I would not have bought a horn there if they didn't have ALL of the tubas that I wanted to play on. Anyway, I'm rambling on. Good luck with your search (if you're in that field.)

Charles Page
Student, University of Southern Mississippi

Follow Ups: