Re: A revision (and more sensible) plan

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on July 25, 2001 at 19:03:50:

In Reply to: A revision (and more sensible) plan posted by Boomer Sooner Goosen on July 25, 2001 at 14:51:08:

Replace the MW37 with a MW32 for a more "mainstream" approach. The Bill Bell model (MW37) is a very soloistic 4/4 while the MW32 is more of an all purpose tuba. Not only that, but you will more than likely be able to get ahold of more examples of the MW32. My recommendation, however, would be the MW25E. That is a 5 valve BBb that is as close to buying the "Alexander" sound as possible, but with superior intonation. Plus, you won't have to learn new fingerings. And believe me when I say that that horn could hold its own in the largest of ensembles with the right mouthpiece selection and player behind the mouthpiece. I tried one at Dillon's and was absolutely enamored with the horn. I would have bought it except for the fact that I am far to comfortable with CC fingerings to go back. Your best bet though is to buy a good used 4v BBb and live with it for a few years, then make the big decisions.
Matt G

Follow Ups: