Re: Re: Mirafone 188 CC Still for Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max on July 25, 2001 at 14:33:42:

In Reply to: Re: Mirafone 188 CC Still for Sale posted by eric on July 25, 2001 at 13:59:31:

Thanks for your interest, Eric!

This may be more info than you want but what the heck. It's mostly the same ad that I've posted on Tuba Dave's Website. I have the pictures on another computer at home. Let me know if interested and I'll send them to you this evening.

Mirafone 188 CC Tuba, hard case, Reunion Blues cordura gig bag, and Mirafone TU 33 mouthpiece

Price: $5,000 takes all. (If purchased new, all this would be edging toward $7,000.) Split shipping within Continental U.S., if needed

Specifics:
* 4/4 + size, larger than 186 models
* 5 vented rotary valves, all very responsive
* 5th valve on thumb, equivalent to pressing both the 2nd and 3rd valves
* Serial number (12674) seems to indicate the horn is circa 1981 vintage, which some folks prefer over the newer Mirafones. (Your mileage may vary, only playing it will tell whether it's a good fit or not.)
* Lacquer intentionally removed by a previous owner to enhance low register
* No dents (must see to believe, esp. for a 20 year old horn!), very clean, looks great
* .770 inch bore
* 17 3/4 inch bell, nickel tone ring, etc.
* Great intonation all the way up and down - warm, big sound throughout
* Hard case (wood) is shopworn but sturdy
* Reunion Blues cordura gig bag is like new (sells for around $250 new)
* Mirafone TU 33 mouthpiece is the company's largest, great for low register (originally $100 from Brasswind)
* Pictures available upon request, just provide your e-mail identity to my home e-mail address at: lm(AT)corridor.net

Why sell? I hate to sell this horn, but just don't need one this large for what I do.

Rather than ship, I would prefer that a prospective buyer try the horn in person, make the purchase if desired, and take with him/her. I'd be willing to meet a serious buyer anywhere within 300 miles of Austin, Texas to play it for a few hours, think about it, and decide. No problem if the answer is "No sale" as I want it to be a good fit for whoever buys it. If shipping is needed, I have safely packed and shipped another tuba overland to Anchorage, Alaska, and have flown this 188 CC back from Provo, Utah via Southwest Airlines Freight, so I can share some personal knowledge about shipping tubas if this will help.

My home e-mail address is: lm(AT)corridor.net

Home phone number in San Marcos, Texas (near Austin) is (512) 396-6182

Follow Ups: