Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: more on "getting my parents to buy tuba"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on July 25, 2001 at 14:16:05:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: more on "getting my parents to buy tuba" posted by me, again on July 25, 2001 at 13:21:33:

I speak in terms of concern:
Please seek the advise of a professional tubist. I understand that you may trust your band director(s) opinion(s), but get the advice of someone who earns his/her living playing mainly the tuba. You are then more than likely to get better, more up to date information in regards to a tuba purchase. Don't take some of the harsher words written here in the other posts as personal criticism. Most of the times there is a good message behind it. Being that you are a High Schooler, many of us have been in your position before. We may be/are trying to impart a little bit of knowledge that we have picked up to help you become a wiser consumer without making expensive mistakes for both yourself and your parents. When you become old enough to earn your own liing and pay for all of your overhead, you will apreciate how many hours it takes of work to pay for a tuba. Unless you are a big time pro, you will be stuggling for the spending money to purchase tubas. I am overly thankful for the help my parents gave to me especially now that I am on my own. If you become a hobbyist later on, you will see how unimportant owning a tuba is in the overall scheme of things. Get some lessons from a pro in your area, deal with the tools you are given, and try to do the best you can.
Matt G
p.s. I would rather play the King 3/4 more than likely over the YBB-321. In fact, I would probably rather play a garden hose over a YBB-321. And besides the ergonmics of the YBB-321 are more uncomfortable to me than a 2165, which is the biggest 6/4 out on the market that I now of.

Follow Ups: