Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Damping

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cliff on July 20, 2001 at 15:38:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Damping posted by Chuck(G) on July 20, 2001 at 14:43:16:

I agree with alot of what you say. "For genuine progress, give me the curious person, professional or amateur." for example. But what I take from your post is that a person must be EITHER curious, creative etc.. OR qualified, certified, educated. Can't a person be both. As another poster said (Rick maybe?) There are prodigies in every field. So certification and training are no guarantees. But can we sit around and wait for the next Einstein (who was not great in school)? BTW, I also despise it when people use certification and degrees to exclude the ideas and opinions of others. My father-in-law is a senior design engineer with a large nuclear power services company. He started as a draftsman, with a HS diploma. That was 42 years ago. Now (still with a HS diploma) he tells P.E.s what to do to fix problems with power plants. So I am not an educational bigot. You are right. We really are comparing apples and Oranges. The gig ought to go to the best player, education not with-standing

Clii Higgins

Follow Ups: