Re: Re: TUBA Journal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by interesting on July 20, 2001 at 02:01:45:

In Reply to: Re: TUBA Journal posted by Mark F. on July 19, 2001 at 19:30:42:

In a professional journal? I am not so sure panning someone is a good thing to get into. The biased he gave against a young player making a CD was immature and he seemed to be against it from the very beginning, even before he listened to it. I definitely dont agree with his criticisms, but more than that, I don't agree with using the journal as a place to tout younger players trying to make a break. I have seen many CD's that were poor in performance and educational value get great reviews, seemingly on the fact that their reputations deemed a good review. now a newcomer comes out, and is stomped down before he can even make a point. is this the TUBA old guard marking its territory? Seems to me the journal has run by the addage "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything, or lie and say something nice". Its interesting that it changes on a newbie, rather than an oldie. Maybe it sounds like I am a bitterfan that disagrees with the review(actually, that is the case), but come on, lets be courteous to our fellow low brass friends. Done rambling for now.

Follow Ups: