Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polite tuba testing.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on July 19, 2001 at 19:40:26:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polite tuba testing. posted by Disappointed on July 19, 2001 at 14:14:36:

The accusation, above, that I was "judging a book by its cover" was not well-cloaked. When describing folks' appearance, I refrain from using political or trendy (hyphenated, etc.) terms. Just as dumb as it was for someone to accuse me of prejudice, is is also dumb to bend one's communication skills to fit into the current jargon. "Negro" is the ONLY word that I know of that has NO connotation (except, perhaps for you and your friends) other than appearance. Every word or phrase that has been substituted for it since has INDEED become offensive to some or another group of people (or individuals who might be spoilin' for a fight).

Again, from the dictionary: the three races - negroid, caucasian, mongoloid

For instance, my children represent all THREE races, as my wife has some Cherokee (mongoloid) ancestry and also her 3-great grandfather, Marcus Winchester (who founded Memphis and was its first mayor) married a lady who was 1/4 negroid. So those of you who are in the intolerant politically correct crowd should allow those of us who are more familiar with "living" the life more leeway to define ourselves in the ways that we might personally see fit.

Follow Ups: