Re: Army Band Tubists compare BAT's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on July 18, 2001 at 19:26:11:

In Reply to: Army Band Tubists compare BAT's posted by Mike Forbes on July 18, 2001 at 18:33:50:

I know I'm just a no-account hobbyist, with no credentials a-tall especially among the military dudes. But I would have crawled on all fours and sewn my lips shut (which I'm sure would have been a requirement) to be present for this event. Sigh.

But that York is one and the same as the instrument that I immediately loved when I played it at TUSAB Tuba Conference. There was something about that horn that made me want to make music on it in ways I didn't feel on any of the other excellent horns I played there. I'm no BAT player, and ain't qualified to comment, etc., etc., but that horn was on a different planet than the several 2165's I've played, possibly even including the one you tried. It just sings. I even made my wife take a picture of me playing it.

That is a horn that would make me learn CC fingerings. As I said once before, I bought a lottery ticket just with that horn in mind. I didn't win.

Rick "who lives close but not close enough to Fort Myer" Denney

Follow Ups: