Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should I use CC for Band?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on July 17, 2001 at 07:18:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should I use CC for Band? posted by dp on July 16, 2001 at 20:50:07:

A good friend of mine that recently got a job a couple of states north of where you are did march in high school and even in college. He even played a good bit in many outdoor venues in the area whih don't help the orchestra chops either. However, he did work his hind quarters off and now has a professional orchestra job that is secure making good money before his 30th birthday. I agree that marching doesn't help, but if care is taken it doesn't hurt that much either. I don't know if this is applicable to all orchestral tubists, but I'm almost positive that there are many in his position. Many of the orchestral tubists out there are trained in a conservatory-like atmosphere where no college marching band exists. Your right though, it would be an excellent idea for a grad student to create a compilation of "road to success" stories from as many of the top pro's as possible. This would eliminate most of the rumor and story telling and even give teachers students and aspiring tubist an idea of what it takes and the various methods used by people to get to the level they achieved.
Just a thought.
Matt G

Follow Ups: