Re: Tuba Insurance

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on July 13, 2001 at 09:03:10:

In Reply to: Tuba Insurance posted by Chris Pineda on July 12, 2001 at 16:25:23:

I have a full coverage policy from Safeco, costs around $200/year and covers all my playing and any site. I was told the Inland Marine floater on my Homeowners would exclude professional engagements and going and coming. The Safeco policy covers anything at full replacement cost (a very important feature). I had an F tuba stolen and the policy paid off in less than two days (my agent is a professional musician). You may discover the payoff is in the form of a "loan" pending recovery of the lost instrument but they will take the instrument if you don't want it and have bought another. My policy covers $35,000 worth of instruments I own. There is a price break at $30,000 but it was not worth it to me to risk the other $5,000. I also have a $250 deductible which saves me about $200 per year in premiums. If your horn is damaged by the airline, collect on the insurance and let the insurance company fight with the airline. Mentally, a healthier situation (probably financially, too).

Follow Ups: