Re: Re: Chapped face revisited

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on July 11, 2001 at 11:08:00:

In Reply to: Re: Chapped face revisited posted by me on July 11, 2001 at 09:59:25:

Without making this a medical board or an Oxford Group session of the 1930-ties:

I am not against nail polish as a bodily expression. I even have carried it in green in a younger pre-incarnation of mine.

But nail polish contains organic dissolvents (no dictionary, my guess of your terms). They evaporate fastly at first, but will continue to escape until the nail polish can be dusted off.

Organic dissolvents are major irritants for organic tissue as found in humans.

If the original chapping problem is rooted in allergy, then one should never advise the use of a high risk agent as a solution for the problem. It might trigger new allergies.

Used on a flute mouthplate close to the entrances of the human respiratory system, the risk of triggering allergy in form of asthma is to be considered. And to be avoided.

In your majestic elevation (I guess that is what "me" stands for), you easily can give advises and rise your index finger.

But try to re-read your posting and you will see that you against your intention have supported my main point. In the very sentence, where you are blaming me for conservatism.

Klaus

Follow Ups: