Re: Who has a tuba for sale?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh Wirt on July 11, 2001 at 09:23:37:

In Reply to: Who has a tuba for sale? posted by Curious on July 10, 2001 at 23:53:39:

I still have my 3 yr old Getzen G50 CC (silverplated) for sale. It is in VERY good condition. One quarter-sized dent on the back of the outer branch. 3-4 tiny dings on the rest of the horn. There's only 2 spots of worn plating....on the bell above the 1st valve slide and on the 5th slide. I have pics that I can e-mail to verify it's condition. It's a really good playing CC that I have used mostly with my brass quintet (I play with a university faculty group in the area), but I've also used it in large brass ensemble.

Price: $6200 includes horn, a barely used hard case (w/wheels and locking latches that has been flown with NO problems) and a Dolly bag in good condition. I also have the BBb slide extension with the original Getzen instructions on how to convert the horn to BBb. I've never done it since I prefer CC.

I also have a Besson BE943 bass trombone with dual independent Hagmann valves. I bought the horn new 9 months ago. It is in brand new condition. No dents or dings. Very good playing horn that blends well with a trombone section.

Price: $1300 includes horn, Besson hard case, Eb slide for the second valve (never used), Hamilton stand

I'm pretty firm on these prices, but I will entertain any serious reasonable offers. I live in VA and I can't ship for trial. The horns are currently being used and I need them until I can sell them.

Please feel free to e-mail off list for any pics or more details/info on either. I would consider selling them together at a discounted price.

Josh
skippy(AT)vt.edu

Follow Ups: