Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Difference between Euphonium & Baritone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan 'not a pro' Schultz on July 09, 2001 at 14:48:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Difference between Euphonium & Baritone posted by Rick Denney on July 09, 2001 at 12:48:44:

I play only Eb (EEb?) tuba. I am not a professional musician and play only for fun. I am a mechanical engineer and therefore tend to view things only in objective terms. It's easy to note the mechanical differences between a trumpet, cornet, and flugelhorn. Also, having played in brass bands in Scotland for a couple of years back in the mid 60s, I understand the difference between a baritone and a euphonium. This may sound rather comical to you guys, but when I first saw a referrence to an EEb tuba on this board, I set out to find out if perhaps I needed to have one... just for fun. Well, after much ado, I find out that I probably (here we go with the subjective stuff) already own six of 'em (of course, that's depending on who one is talking to). One last question... what is the lower range of an Eb tuba and what is the lower range of the EEb ones? I suspect that may be the final answer to all of my questions.

Follow Ups: