Re: Re: Re: Re: Eugene Dowling's tuba-what kind?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by contra-diction? on August 02, 2000 at 10:28:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Eugene Dowling's tuba-what kind? posted by anonymous on August 01, 2000 at 22:00:32:

I don't want to start another mud-slinging here, but you agree that different players have different ideas of what they want their horns to do, right? Then why would you try to tell someone else that the horn that works best for them is no good? I understand if you don't like a particular brand, but some people do like that brand. This forum is great for airing our own opinions about horns we have experience with, and that information is very useful to someone who may be trying to decide on a first tuba, or a better instrument than they currently have, and none of us wants to see any of our tuba-playing friends get ripped off or buy a total junker horn, BUT... if someone already owns (or owned in the past) a Yamaha and is (was) pleased with it, you're wasting your time trying to tell them they are wrong. Imagine this conversation:
ME: "I really liked the 641 I played in High School, it was well made, had an even response with a full sound, and pretty good intonation too."
YOU: "Yama-Crappys are stinky stinky. I don't like them so nobody should like them"
ME: "Oh, I guess you're right, what could I have been thinking. Thanks for straightening that out for me."
See what I mean?
We're all on the same team here: let's be helpful, not hurtful.

Follow Ups: