Re: A few serious questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob on July 31, 2000 at 21:32:54:

In Reply to: A few serious questions posted by Jay on July 31, 2000 at 01:07:35:

The questions you are being asked are used to determine if you can obtain the necessary security clearance. Depending on your past history, it may or may not be an issue, but I can tell you that they (the Department of Defense) are VERY picky and stubborn when it comes to clearances. The D.C. Bands are even more so, since you need a "White House" clearance, i.e. Presidential access. If you're auditioning for a D.C. band, you're probably looking at a background investigation in addition a background check. The investigations are usually pretty comprehensive, and if you lied about something there's a decent chance it will come out there.

I strongly encourage you to be truthful in your answers to these questions. If you do not admit to something, get into the service and then something later comes to light, something you purposefully hid, you're probably staring a Dishonorable Discharge in the face, which is bad. At the very least, your career in the service will be over.

If you've done something that you feel might hurt your chances at getting the job, there are ways to phrase your answers to questions that will maximize your "I'll never do it again" factor. That's probably your best bet.

Rob

Follow Ups: